cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not receiving text messages or OTPs

prah_s33
Fledgling

Hello Three Community,

I'm having terrible experience with three from the past 4 months. So here is my issue in detail:

I joined Three in the first week of October 2023, I switched from Lebara PAYG to Three Pay Monthly, and everything was good the switch was completed in 3 working days, and post completion of switch I was not getting any calls or messages but I was able to make calls and send messages and I was like - "What's happening to my sim/number"

I tried getting help from the Three community and chat support but nothing seemed helpful finally I called Three Customer Service and told them the issue and they told me that customers who switched from Lyca to Three are having issues since Lyca faced a cyber attack on its network, I already told them that I switched from Lebara and not Lyca and after a long conversation they told me that they need some time to fix this and I said okay.

After a week or two the issue was sorted I tried calling my number from my friend's mobile and I was able to receive phone calls but I was not getting any messages. Was only able to send and receive calls but not getting any text messages and again I called Three Customer Service and they told me to check the phone signal or insert the sim in a new device, tried everything and nothing worked. Finally, they told me to order a sim replacement and I said okay.

November 2023 -> And the issue was still not solved again I called Three Support this time they placed me on hold and they ordered a new sim again. I lost my patience here. Even after trying the new sim, the issue is now somewhat solved but not completely.

The new problem is I was able to make calls and send text messages. And I was also getting calls but incoming texts are only limited to Three (i.e.) Only receiving text messages from three that's it. I was not getting messages from banks, social apps, contacts, or other numbers, etc., I was very angry on Three at this point.

December 2023 -> I lost hope and I had to purchase a new PAYG sim and changed my number everywhere in all my bank apps, social applications, and workplace, and sent all my Whatsapp contacts to add a new number of mine.

January 2024 -> Even today this issue is not resolved, I also stopped calling three. Even after numerous attempts what the support team had done is they credited my account with my monthly bill, that's it. I'm tired of chatting and calling three support.

Finally, I decided to port to a new network, and guess what I sent a PAC request but I'm not receiving the code since my number is not able to receive any incoming messages. So I'm unlucky and my number has to stick with Three until this issue gets resolved. But nothing seems to work.

If this issue gets resolved I WILL BE MOST THANKFUL TO THREE because the number I have is my favorite as it is a fancy number. This number was in Lebara when I purchased a few years back in a PAYG sim plan. Just for your info, I have been with many other networks but I have not faced any issue like this one.

First I was with Lebara (PAYG) -> Lyca (PAYG) -> O2 (Pay Monthly) -> Vodafone (Pay Monthly) -> Lebara again (PAYG) -> Three (Pay Monthly).

If someone has any solution regarding this please help me.

1 REPLY 1
RayC
Fledgling

Hey same problem here but lucky me I found a solution after switching the sim back to my old phone and updating some apps I tried to request OTP again and it worked! It works even after switching back to my current phone