cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G broadband hub - York

3notworkingyork
Fledgling

My elderly parents have a 4G broadband hub and on Friday my mum told me it hadn’t been working for a few weeks! I contacted Three via web chat and was informed that there was an issue in the area (York) that needed fixing but it’s on private land and they need permission. I asked what compensation they could offer and they gave a 7 day refund! I asked about cancellation and was told it should be working again in 7 days but if not get in touch again! Has anybody else experienced issues in this area? Surely they can cancel if they are not receiving a service? 

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Superstar

I genuinely think you’re on a sticky wicket on cancelling because Three would argue it’s not their fault and would no doubt invoke the circumstances beyond our control reasoning. But don’t take my comment as gospel because it’s an opinion rather than certain knowledge but I’m very much certain it’ll turn out to be fact.

I wish you good luck.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @3notworkingyork,

I'm sorry to hear about your parents experience. I appreciate where you're coming from in terms of asking for cancellation. We wouldn't necessarily offer that resolution immediately if we're expecting the issue to be solved soon. The best thing to do is get in touch again if the issues persist after the 7 days. The team may have more options at that stage depending on where we are with resolving the issue.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.