cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding/ divert

mrleosir
Regular

Hi,

I have just changed a second number I had where instead of voice mail from three it would go to this other number.

I phoned up like I have before to set it up and was told 'it can not be done anymore, that was the old system, our new system that is better.... doesn't let this happen anymore'

Does anyone know why three would take away this? and not give a user any way to do this with out the forward on the phone only? that does every phone call and not only when it would go to voicemail?

I have just tried some testing, and calling my number and letting it go to the 'old number I had' and some woman picked up. 

I have just called again and I am being told they can not switch it off as it was the old system etc.

anyone got any insight into this?

Best solution
Best solution
mrleosir
Regular

Hello all,

for everyone who is wanting this on three they say you can not do this but the network can. make sure wifi is off before calling these numbers:

Forward service Activate Cancel & Deregister Cancel & Retain Status ReestablishUnconditional forwardingConditional forwarding

All calls*21*[phone number]###21##21#*#21#*21#
If busy*67*[phone number]###67##67#*#67#*67#
If not answered (see below for custom delay)*61*[phone number]###61##61#*#61#
(incl. time delay)
*61#
If out of reach*62*[phone number]###62##62#*#62#*62#
All forwards*002*[phone number]###002##002#*#002#*002#
All conditional forwards*004*[phone number]###004##004#*#004#*004#

the data of this is on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding

I was able to get it back up and working correctly. Three should really make this known to the user. this is on your data base as one of the techs told me about some of theses numbers but clearly they are not able or willing to help a user here.

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Best solution
mrleosir
Regular

Hello all,

for everyone who is wanting this on three they say you can not do this but the network can. make sure wifi is off before calling these numbers:

Forward service Activate Cancel & Deregister Cancel & Retain Status ReestablishUnconditional forwardingConditional forwarding

All calls*21*[phone number]###21##21#*#21#*21#
If busy*67*[phone number]###67##67#*#67#*67#
If not answered (see below for custom delay)*61*[phone number]###61##61#*#61#
(incl. time delay)
*61#
If out of reach*62*[phone number]###62##62#*#62#*62#
All forwards*002*[phone number]###002##002#*#002#*002#
All conditional forwards*004*[phone number]###004##004#*#004#*004#

the data of this is on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding

I was able to get it back up and working correctly. Three should really make this known to the user. this is on your data base as one of the techs told me about some of theses numbers but clearly they are not able or willing to help a user here.

Peter786
Fledgling

My 3 number won’t divert to another 3 number as soon as I click call forwarding and enter the number it switches back off any ideas I’ve called the technical team they are useless thanks any suggestions 

mrleosir
Regular

looks like 3 has "upgraded" the network, which means this service is no longer able to work. They don't seem to care that people want to use this. I have just called up as I have renewed my contract with them.
I asked for a deadlock letter to go to the obisman to get out of the contract without paying, instead of that they just let me leave no payment was needed. I think the best way to let them know this service is needed by people is to leave and make sure they know this is why. it is a service that has been around since before mobiles, and to just shut it off is very annoying. even more so knowing that it's just switched off the ability to access the system if you set it up before they changed this, it will still work with no problems.

Globeflyer-uk
Fledgling

Those codes don’t work with 3 any longer unfortunately.

MikeBT
Fledgling

There a 6 columns in the table, corresponding to the following 6 headings.
1 Forward service
2 Activate
3 Cancel & Deregister
4 Cancel & Retain Status
5 ReestablishUnconditional forwarding
6 Conditional forwarding

#3 tested 30/04/2024. Three UK returned a message saying the erasure was successful, but I didn't test it yet.

sc1999
Local celebrity

They probably took it away as cost of including it, and testing, was not justified by the number of people using the service. Many companies, Microsoft and Google included, frequently retire products and features. 

Could you clarify what you have done? 

Numbers are recycled after they have been cancelled by the user. If a payg number is not used for 180 days then it is cancelled and recycled. My android phone allows me to set a number, other than my voicemail number and allows me to forward as well.

mrleosir
Regular

I have left 3 now all of my accounts due to them taking this away, I have moved to ID mobile they seam to have about the same speed or even faster in some places, but they are using the 3 networks. and they still let you forward.