cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G coverage

alanlw
Regular

Currently evaluating whether or not it's worth my while in purchasing a 5G capable mobile phone.

I live in the York area of England and many of my friends and relatives have 5G mobile phones but it seems the three network is yet to roll out the 5G service in my area. This makes me reticent in purchasing at the moment. 

Do any members or three have any information on when 5G will be available in my area. Do any members also live in areas where 5G simply isn't available ?

• 5G
4 REPLIES 4
hutchison3guk1
Regular

I feel the same. Don't know if it is worth it yet but I think I will just make the leap to 5G and hope that the network coverage catches up sooner rather than later.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I live in rural Herefordshire and 4G is a bit flakey but is usually 50 to 80 Meg. I can get 300+ Meg on 5G in Asda Hereford car park. If I I could get truely unlimited 5G then I would seriously consider dumping BT.

Viksmath
Regular

Assuming that you will use your new phone for the next 2 or 3 years, and that 5G coverage from all mobile operators (including Three) is expected to increase significantly during this period, it seems reasonable to go for a 5G capable mobile phone.   Another point to note is that many of the budget Android mobile phone models are already 5G capable and this trend is likely to increase in the next few years.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey alanlw,

We're rolling 5G out in new areas every day, but I can understand being hesitant to invest before the signal is upgraded. We've a page to register interest in 5G. If you pop your details in there, you'll get an email to let you know when it's up and running in your area.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.