cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G in Arbroath

DW
Fledgling

I noticed a new mast has been installed in Arbroath. During installation, the 4G was not working. Whenever engineers have been working on the mast over the past few weeks 4G kept disappearing. There was some brief 5G signals when they were working on the mast.  Can anyone tell me when this mast will be enabled for 5G, or when 5G will be activated in Arbroath?

The mast location is around postcode area: DD11 2NJ

• 5G
2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

There have been several posts like yours. The answer is next week, next month or next year. What you are seeing is, hopefully, testing ready to go live so be patient. I get 5g flashing up on my phone as I am at the very limit of the the transmitter and the signal is so weak I have too turn 5g off.

DW
Fledgling

Well, not ideal though I'm afraid, as what they're actually doing when they spend whole days working on the mast to enable 5G is that they're dropping 4G and as you'll know there's a complete difference in positions and signal quality for 5G, so people like me who live a couple of km from the mast end up with no signal all day.  So ideally I'd like to know when they plan to stop randomly working on the mast with no notice that there will be issues. I work from home most of the time, and if there was some kind of plan or notice it would make it easier for me and others to work around the mast engineering. I don't really care much for 5G, I just want stability, not one random day per week each week without internet or phone calls.