cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Default "We're fixing an issue with our network in this area" Message

D34th_Add1ct
Regular

It's extremely frustrating when there's an issue with network coverage and the status checker gives you the generic, "We're fixing an issue with our network in this area..." message.

Network Status Checker - check your signal and get support Three.png

After re-registering via the app (which I was asked to do when my signal dropped), I've been unable to activate 5G. My phone stopped receiving a signal, meaning I couldn't get online, use the app, search for issues etc. without finding a public WiFi spot. When I found a WiFi signal, I tried to contact Three, but could only access Live Chat who told me the same, "We're fixing an issue with our network in this area..." message, word for word.

That message is the only one I've ever seen, it's the same one every time I check. The only difference is the time stamp, which simply states the closest time to the last quarter of an hour it claims to have been updated. I've had issues for the past 4 days and that message tells me nothing. It feels like it's Three's default way of processing customer problems.

It took me a day to work out that I could access a 3G signal on my phone, but only if I deselected the 5G and 4G options. So now at least I have some network coverage back, but still no idea when the 5G (or 4G) signal will return.

Three had been a solid provider for me, and the call center staff were always able to resolve the few issues I'd had over the years. Then came the push for everyone to start using the app, and ever since it's been harder to resolve issues, and almost impossible to actually speak to a human.

I hope things get better, this is first time since I began using Three that I'm seriously considering switching provider.

6 REPLIES 6
coffeedrinker1
Regular

Same for my area - shockingly appalling. 

garetc
Involved

I have the same where I now live and where I used to live just over a year ago.

Maybe the whole network has the same issue? 😂

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @D34th_Add1ct,

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with 4G and 5G coverage, we understand this will be frustrating as you want to have access to our high speed network.

We are glad you can access 3G at least but we want you to enjoy our 4G and 5G of course!

I have direct messaged with more information on this matter.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

John M

D34th_Add1ct
Regular

Just wanted to say thanks to @JohnM for the help, and thanks to Nathen from Live Support for looking into my issues, and getting it fixed.
He said it might take up to 48hrs, but its been less than 24 and my network has returned.
Faith in Three restored, thanks again 👍

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @D34th_Add1ct 

You are more than welcome, I am glad to hear you can now get to enjoy our high speed network! 🙂

John M

hedy
Fledgling

Things will not get better. I am struggling for a year and a half. For a few days I have no signal at all on my phone although it shows that I have 65.5 GB left out of 100GB. This is a joke! I had to buy additional SIM. It's high time for me to leave Three.