cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media Landline wont connect to my 3 mobile phone

Hotrod
Fledgling

My Virgin Media Landline wont connect to my 3 mobile phone just says my mobile is unavailable leave a message. Works perfectly ok with all other mobile networks. Have talked to Virgin Media they say its routing ok but something at the 3 end is blocking it?

5 REPLIES 5
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

The fact that you're getting to the please leave a message part would seem to confirm Virgin Media's suggestion that it's routing OK. Are any other numbers having issues making a call to you successfully? Can you also confirm if you recently ported your phone number? 

Pete.

Hotrod
Fledgling

Have had the phone 4 years, same number. The problem also occurs when my neighbour phones me from his VM landline.

I have gone through my phone settings several times, all barring is switched off, nothing in the barring list. Have used MMI code/s to ensure 3 at their end aren’t barring the call. Also have cleared the phones cache partition, still no joy! What’s interesting is if I set my phone to Barr all calls when I phone it from the VM landline it say unavailable within a couple of seconds so the VM line must be connecting to the phone and very quickly.

And now the spanner in the works… If I take my sim out of my phone and put it in another, there is no problem, VM landline connects ok. Problem now points to the phone (Samsung s10e) but why just VM landlines or maybe other landlines??

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Does your phone have a built in spam caller detection feature? If so, it might be blocking numbers that call from a specific area code. In this case, VM numbers. Have a look in the dialler app's settings to see if there is some kind of filter active. If there is, try turning it off and test again.

Pete. 

Hotrod
Fledgling

Yes, its turned off along with everything else. My wife has a Samsung S21, until recently she was with 3 (now 02 for the roaming!) and had the exact same problem as me so not sure what's going on? All started around October 2023 the same time with had to start using the area code for local calls from VM landline and a lot of VM Broad Band problems.

Sambo2008uk
Fledgling

Did you get this sorted as my virginmedia landline won't call my 3 number either. Even tried a different smarty network on 3 & still the same.