cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80% and 100% roaming text incorrect?? Love chat less than useless!

roamymcroamface
Regular

I arrived in Spain yesterday, an hour later I received a message saying I had used 80% of my 12g allowance! Almost 10gb in an hour is very very impressive network speed! (/s)

then today after being here a day my partner received the 80% message, 20 minutes later then got a 100% used data message. Again 2.4gb in 20 minutes sounds good, but not realistic?

so I can only imagine these are errors?

love chat disconnected me three times and my partner twice so far with no answer, like nothing at all, just disconnected after verifying account. Posting here in the hope something can solve this!

I see there are some similar posts but they seemed a while ago,  long enough that I would assume it would be either fixed or a messages sent to effected people if it isn't fixed?

Partner and myself very nervous about having mobile data on now.. like being scammed out of not using it or something??

18 REPLIES 18
LadyG
Fledgling

I had a text 2 days ago saying I was at 80% and today I couldn't get online due to 'no data'. When I check the app I haven't even hit 50% of my allowed usage. This is regular, UK non-roaming data and I'm on a monthly SIM only contract 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

That's strange. How much data does the account say you have left? Are you still getting a 4G or 5G connection showing on the phone?

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

LadyG
Fledgling

My phone was showing 4G connected but would not load due to a 'no data' error. My account currently shows 1.3GB of 3GB remaining (43%)

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

That's strange. I'm wondering if the message was triggered in error. Although, I'm not sure why your data would be stopped if it was an error. 

Are you able to make calls and send texts without issue? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

LadyG
Fledgling

Calls and texts I didn't notice a problem with - my 4g is now connecting fine so it may have been an unrelated glitch/disconnection when I was trying to log on the other day. I think in my case it was probably just the text going out incorrectly but I'm quite a new customer so I didn't expect it! 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming, LadyG. 

I think you're right. I have my fingers crossed that it's the last issues you experience. 

Pete.

SaraC
Regular

Just seen this thread as I fly to Tenerife tomorrow and I had this issue last year when visiting Greece (I didn't realise it was a glitch and ended up paying for extra data and ultimately turned my phone off to avoid incurring extra charges).

Is this still an ongoing issue with roaming?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SaraC,

I've not seen any recent reports of issues like this. If you do receive a message to this effect, please double check your allowance on the Three App, and if you do notice this is happening again, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

SaraC
Regular

Thanks Jonathan.

I've just purchased a 7 day roaming package for my trip today. I've also checked my spend cap and set it at £14 (based on £2 per day for 7 days). Will keep you updated if I get any texts.