cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal download speeds

Wilf8562
Fledgling

Over the last few months my home broadband (three mobile 4g) very rarely works now, even when it does the download is around 1mb. I have contacted three and they say it’s due to mast usage. So there is nothing I can do. Anyone else suffering from poor downloads using three mobile

4 REPLIES 4
Paddiewack
Superstar

Yes me! Although I have mobile broadband from Three and that’s sort of ok,my phone (also with Three) suffers with slow download speeds at home (both on the same mast) and three out of every five calls requires me to put the handset in airplane mode for it to work. Status page similar to that for you but I’m told it’s to do with the decommissioning of 3G. The point I’m making is customer service can (if pushed) contact the network management team who can give you a timeframe as to when your mast will be sorted. So call customer service and be insistent that you need info so you know where you stand. Be polite (obviously) but stand your ground. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wilf8562,

This sounds really frustrating. If you need to check if there's an outage or maintenance works. The easiest way to confirm this is on our Network Status Checker. As @Paddiewack says, you can also discuss this with customer services, to find out what the expected timeframe is for the issue to be fixed, and if there's any other support we can offer in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Can now confirm that customer service gave me the correct info. My home mast is now operating normally and all the issues I experienced as described in my other post have now disappeared. It goes to show that if Three were a bit more descriptive as regards their status info (speaking for myself) they could reduce calls to c/s,but for now and for me it’s all good! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the feedback regarding status info, I'll pass this on.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.