cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost zero coverage NE32

ThreeAl
Regular

There has been a massive reduction in coverage in NE32 postcode since Sunday with zero notification. My parents are stuck there without mobile internet or more critically, the ability to phone. What on earth is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ThreeAl,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I know this must be very frustrating and worrying, that your parents are stuck without signal at the moment. I'll do my best to help.

I'm sorry that no advance warning was given, this will likely be an unplanned outage if we've not been able to send messages to customers registered in the area.

I don't see any info about an overall fault in all of NE32, so it's likely to be one mast affecting one or a small number of postcodes. Can you let me know if the issue is showing up when you search the full postcode in our Network Status Checker?

Assuming you're the account holder, or an authorised contact on the account, have you had any contact with customer services, or if you're not, have your parents been in able to get in contact? 

If so, have you/they been given any advice on a timescale, and confirmation that we're aware of a network fault?

Let me know any of the above you can confirm, and I'll be able to check if there's anything more we can do to support.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ThreeAl
Regular

Hi Jonathan - I get the standard work being carried out on masts in area message when I check the full postcode. I contacted customer service last night but they just gave me the same information. I’m not an authorized contact on their account and of course they can’t call out.

Thanks

ThreeAl
Regular

Hi Johnathan…. Looks like the local mast is back on. Thanks for your messages. I’ll come back to you if it drops out again.