cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can see the mast but weak signal

TonyR1
Fledgling

I rely on mobile broadband at home as well as for my phone and iPad.   I have a visual line of sight to the mast about 1km away but the signal strength is -120dBm - one or no bars on an iPhone or iPad.   It used to be better than that but Three did some work on the mast and it got a lot worse.   Talking to an independent expert he suggested it had been directionally configured  towards a local village in the opposite direction.   I could get an external directional router such as the Zyxel to get the best signal but they are not cheap and it doesn’t help with my smart meters which I’m having trouble with monitoring online.   Has anyone had any success in getting Three to reconfigure a mast directionality to get a better signal or provide a directional cellular signal booster to boost the signal locally?   There are several neighbours with a similar problem so it’s not just me.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MZone
Key player

Call tech support on 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 again. They should be able to give you more info.

Paddiewack
Superstar

I think the answer to your configuration question will probably be a no,but before you take MZones advice it’s also worth checking the Three status page for any ongoing issues in your area.

TonyR1
Fledgling

Thanks.  This has been a long term issue not a temporary network problem. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

Well good luck with customer service. 🤞