cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cruise roaming cost & WiFi

BenjaminP19
Fledgling

Hello,

I am currently on a cruise and I thought I would buy the onboard WiFi to upload some photos online for friends & family. However, I was confused and honestly terrified by the text I got saying it was £6 per MB to use a cruise network!

Could someone please clarify that I won’t be charged £6 per MB when I use WiFi on the ship. I only got the text 10 minutes after I started using it and I am risking getting charged more just so I can have some clarification. I have airplane mode on too and a £5 spend cap so please tell me the spend cap works and I am stressing over nothing.

thank you.

1 REPLY 1
MZone
Key player

As long as you are connected to WiFi to use data and not a mobile maritime network then you should be fine.

I’m assuming you must have connected to the maritime network as that is what would have prompted the SMS to confirm the charges that would apply. 

Maritime networks aren’t included in Go Roam and charges do apply for using these. You can read more about this here.

At the moment, Three don't offer any Add-ons for this so recommend sticking to that on-ship Wi-Fi (and maybe even turning your mobile data off completely to avoid any unintended connections).

If you have set a spend cap then all should be good.

Enjoy your cruise.