cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming Failing

Bethune
Fledgling

Twice in the last 24 hours I have lost my data roaming despite having a good 4G signal in the middle of Hamburg, Germany and some 7GB remaining on my monthly plan. I have twice rung the customer service with a temporary restoration of service with no explanation from customer service. It has stopped working again today today and despite calling customer service again unfortunately no resolution.

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Bethune. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

Gosh, that's really strange. Is there any particular error you're getting when trying to use the data roaming during the time where it isn't working? As silly as it sounds, have you tried restarting the phone to make sure it's not just a glitch? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Briarperry
Fledgling

The same thing is happening to me in France. I’ve tried calling Three multiple times, I’ve tried the live chat function and keep getting disconnected, I’ve tried turning my phone on and off again multiple times, I’ve tried ALL the basic tricks and nothing is working. I am desperately needing internet to navigate while driving long distances and no one seems to be able to help me! 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi Briarperry

I’m sorry you’re having trouble connecting while you’re away, I get what a pain that must be. So we can help, can you please tell us a little more about what's happening?

Are you connected to a French network (our partners in France are Orange, SFR, BYTEL or BOUYGTEL and Free Mobile) but your data connection is slow? Or are you unable to use data at all?

Has this been an intermittent issue, or a complete loss of service?

Let us know and we'll figure out the next best step.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Briarperry,

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing all this disruption when trying to stay connected in France. Have you tried manually selecting different networks to see if any will give a stable connection? Usually automatic network selection will work fine, but I've found occasionally this can help when the network you connect to by default is experiencing some sort of fault.

Let me know if this helps.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.