cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payg USA

Bisto
Fledgling

Voice and data worked on T-mobile for 15 days of 18 day holiday - then unable to register on T-mobile network? Support team could not fix it, so unable to make calls for the rest of my holiday. AT&T data was great, but unable to make calls. Support said to use verizon too, but that also failed? AT&T seems the best for just data.

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, Bisto. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

It's strange that it would work for most of the holiday, only to fail on T-Mobile during those last 3 days. I hope this didn't cause too much inconvenience. 

AT&T is generally the partner network most people would be connected to. Recently they disabled their 3G network, and this made calling while roaming on the network stop working. We updated our systems to allow 4G calling (VoLTE) to work while roaming in the USA, this lets customers on AT&T use data and calls. 

A compatible device is needed in order to take advantage of this. Some devices will be updated to support this as well. You can check if your device is supported by checking our list of some of the devices that we've verified ourselves here. 

I hope that next time you travel, you'll have both calling and data on one network 🙂 

Pete.

Bisto
Fledgling

So it looks like AT&T block certain devices from using 4G calling in the USA? (Orlando in my case) My phone (Huawei Mate 20x) works with 4G (VoLTE) in the UK but would not register for VoLTE on AT&T or T-Mobile. Seems that go roam will be useless in Orlando for a lot of people unless they can confirm VoLTE will be enabled on AT&T/T-mobile.