cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming not working

Deanj
Fledgling

I've been on 3 for years and as such have the Daily Go Roam Pass - EU & ATW on my account.

Recently I've not been able to get data when travelling (France and Singapore), SMS and voice calls have worked fine.

- roaming is enabled, data is enabled, network is connected, manually selected other networks, restarted multiple times, switched to airplane mode and back multiple times, tried to reset network settings but nothing works.

2 hours with customer service when in Singapore only resulted in them suggesting I manually change the apn type in apn settings to mms + internet, which is currently default,mms,supl,xcap. I can't do this though as the apn settings seem to be locked.

I have a pixel 6 running android 14, anything else that I should be doing?

11 REPLIES 11
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there. 

Roaming issues can be super frustrating. It sounds like you've already tried a bunch of things that we'd normally check. 

How long have you been away? You said that it's not been working recently, how recently would that be? 

Pete.

Deanj
Fledgling

@PeteG wrote:

Hello there. 

Roaming issues can be super frustrating. It sounds like you've already tried a bunch of things that we'd normally check. 

How long have you been away? You said that it's not been working recently, how recently would that be? 

Pete.

3 days ago, and will be in roaming countries again from Monday.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Are you able to check on your phones usage tracker to see how much, if any data was used while roaming recently? 

Pete.

Deanj
Fledgling

There is no number for roaming specifically, but the data usage graph shows no data usage during that period.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Before this period of roaming in the last 3 days, when was the last time you used roaming? 

Deanj
Fledgling

A day trip to France in September which also didn't work. Last one that I can recall working would have been Portugal in July.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Deanj,

I'm sorry to hear of all the disruption this has been causing. You mentioned you'll be abroad again today, is the same issue continuing? If so, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with some more help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Deanj
Fledgling

Yes, arrived in Singapore today and same issue.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks, for getting back to me @Deanj, I'll send you info by PM of some colleagues who can look into this further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.