cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! No roaming in Greece

CaroW
Fledgling

Please help! I’m stuck in Greece with no internet and can’t make calls. I’m from the UK and just can’t seem to get any answers or help when I call the 3 agents.

I had a spending cap on my account which has now been removed. I have a pay monthly account with unlimited everything - data, texts, minutes. I have roaming switched on in my phone settings and I’ve checked my account on 3 and it’s showing as roaming enabled for UK and abroad. Right now roaming is on the phone and it’s switched to automatic. I read other posts about switching to manual and I tried this also. That made it worse! 

I feel so let down by this and have been left in a bad situation as I don’t speak the language here in Greece and I am a solo traveller ! I need some help rather than calling and getting no where with agents. I have received texts since I arrived in Greece from 3 saying I’m on go roam yet I have no service. I have also turned the phone off and on several times hoping this might fix it but still no service at all. 
Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @CaroW 

That's really frustrating! From what you've described it does sound like you're connecting to the network in Greece. 

Would you be able to ensure that you're manually set on your phone to only connect on 3G/4G? Can you also manually select another Greek carrier?

If you go to your phone Settings> Mobile Data> Network Selection> Turn-off Automatic. This will then display a list of Networks available. Select any of the other available networks. 

thanks,

John D

Jlee
Fledgling

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. Did you find a solution? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jlee,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into difficulties with connecting to a roaming network in Greece? Did you have a check at @JohnD's reply to the OP?

Are you able to manually select a network? Are you still experiencing these issues?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

barryrodgers
Fledgling

I am having the same issue. It used to connect to Wind but that has been taken over by Nova and now won't connect

se88
Fledgling

What is the resolution please? The issue remains.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello

As CaroW didn't come back to confirm, it's hard to say for sure if they had success, and what was it that sorted it for them. I'd recommend trying the steps recommended here, but if those don't work, it's highly likely that it was an account related issue and if you pop through to the support team on Livechat, they will hopefully be able to get you up and running. 

Pete. 

se88
Fledgling

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

This approach worked. Got someone on Livechat to switch on international roaming on my account which was switched off on the account (although this wasn’t initially obvious) for some reason, even though I had an allowance for calls, texts and data in the EU & ATW. Restarted phone and job done.