cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone think there should be a weekly data passport not just a daily passport fo £5

CHRISALDINIO
Fledgling

Does anyone think there should be a weekly data passport rather than just a £5 daily passport 

8 REPLIES 8
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey CHRISALDINO,

Thanks for joining the Three Community. That's a great suggestion. We can't promise changes or to set up new add ons directly from the community, but we're always happy to pass on any good ideas. 😀

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Ian
Fledgling

Yes - I am seemingly stuck in an endless cycle of texts - not being able to upgrade data sessions on daily basis due to failures in the process. It is really annoying and this will be the reason I leave. Every other network allows you to create a data bundle for a projected amount of time and then charge you. This is v annoying. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm really sorry to hear about the disruption this has caused to you. Are you still abroad right now, and continuing to deal with this situation? Has this led to extra charges on your bill? If you can let us know a bit more about what's been happening, we'll check into how we can help.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Foxy
Fledgling

I’ve also been stuck in the same cycle of failure to add daily data passports. It took numerous attempts to add the data passport, having failed to click through the link, or received fail messages saying you can’t purchase the data passport now, please try later. After spending about a day in communication with the support and tier 2 network teams (and incurring significant cost) a fox was achieved and I was able to add the passport. Inconveniently it expires at midnight UK time, so the next day I had to renew it at 4pm local Canadian time. Once again it took multiple efforts but I could renew. The next day renewal was again not possible, and support chat unavailable, so I’m back to racking up data costs at a rapid rate. Surely it would be easier to allow users to purchase a multi day data pass in advance of travel?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Foxy,

I'm really sorry to hear about all the disruption you've been facing when attempting to renew your data passport. Are you still abroad and facing these difficulties now? Let us know and we'll do our best to help.

JonathanB

duncanjw
Fledgling

I’ve also had endless issues with the data passport. It doesn’t work if you have WiFi on as when you click on either of these links texted -

http://bit.ly/3_Data

http://mobile.three.co.uk/datapassport

instead of letting you renew/buy the passport using the link provided it reroutes you to the generic three website instead. Disabling WiFi (with mobile data turned off of course) doesn’t work either in my experience. Therefore you are forced to turn mobile data on in order to buy a data passport at which point the phone starts charging you for data access at the local rate eating up your allowance. This problem has existed for years. Case in point I arrived in Saudi last night and buying the data passport cost me £5 for what was left of the day plus my my roaming data limit. This is insane but you can’t reach the link texted when you land

http://mobile.three.co.uk/datapassport

Without doing this. Please refund the roaming charges I incurred buying data passport as these were the messages I got more or less instantly -

1: Welcome to Saudi Arabia. It's a max of GBP2.00/min to call, GBP1.25/min to receive a call, 35p to send a text & GBP6/MB. If you don't want to be charged, turn off data roaming and use WiFi. To opt out of these notifications send STOP by SMS to 330. Full terms at 3.uk/y5y

2: Want unlimited, unrestricted data? All you need is our Data Passport! It's just GBP5 a day, see mobile.three.co.uk/datapassport for all the details.

3: From 3: You've reached 80% of your roaming data limit. We'll reset it on 15/11 or you can change it now. For more info click 3.uk/3hc

4: From 3: You've reached your roaming data limit. We'll reset it on 15/11. For more info click 3.uk/3hc

Last week in Canada I didn’t even bother trying to use the data passport but this time I had no choice   

debswaugh
Fledgling

Definitely - and a 14 day option too

brigadere
Fledgling

They should also let you buy it with debit or credit card rather than changing spending cap then no unexpected roaming bills