cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE

Pivic
Fledgling

Hi,

For a few weeks now I have been having issues accessing certain websites when on mobile data.  

I'm getting the error "ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE" or "ERR_TIMED_OUT". But the websites work fine when I use WiFi or VPN with mobile data. 

I tried to reset the APN, clear browser data, tried other browsers... to no avail.. 

How can I fix this? Is the problem coming from Three? 

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pivic,

Is the issue a constant one, or does it happen randomly/intermittently? Are you able to confirm if anyone else is having the same issue when connecting to these sites from Three?

We'll need to know what websites we're discussing to look into this further and confirm if there's a general issue on the network.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Pivic
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for looking into it. Someone else on Three has the same issue as me. It is constant. 

One example of a website that doesn't load is: http://www.hughleoncontrols.co.uk/

Thanks,

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Pivic,

I've tried this from a Three connection over 4G just now and it can connect okay. Is this still persisting now?

The error could be down to network congestion if the request is timing out. Are you trying from multiple locations, and anything showing on our Network Status Checker to say we're experiencing issues?

If your phone/coverage allows you to test, I'd try checking if the issue is specifically over 3/4/5G too?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Pivic
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the tips!

I can never access that website on my mobile data. And this has been consistent for a few months. At different locations in the UK. 

I have now tried what you advised! I changed to "3G/2G (autoconnect)" and everything works! 

The website doesn't work on 5G/4G autoconnect though 

Because I can never access the website on 5G or 4G it doesn't sound like a congestion problem.

The network status checker returns no problem.

Any idea? 

Thanks!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Pivic,

Have you seen any improvement with this in the meantime, or is it still only connecting over 3G? Re: Intermittent connection issues loading/changing site- secure connection failed/site can't be rea has popped up on the community recently. Do you think it seems similar to that issue? Does the page load on 4/5G if you try refreshing a couple of times?

Thanks,
Jonathan