Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Alert Test

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

We’re aware that a number of customers have not received yesterday's test alert. We’re working closely with the government to understand why and make sure it doesn't happen when the system is in use.

There's been a few threads created about this subject since yesterday, so I'll merge these together under this one.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Following the emergency alerts test yesterday, we’ve been working with the government and have identified a technical issue that meant some of our customers didn’t receive the alert. This morning our engineers deployed a fix meaning there will be no issue with future alerts.

There are no plans to run the test again, but Sunday's activity means an issue was identified and in a real emergency we can make sure everyone across the country gets an alert.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

51 REPLIES 51
3nm_
Fledgling

No Emergency Alarm received in the Hinckley Leicestershire area today . 

techbloke
Active

The Cabinet Office are apparently looking into why a lot of people didn't receive it.

Saleet
Fledgling

Today was supposed to get alarm at 3pm haven’t received anything for some reason

Spije
Fledgling

Hopefully Three monitor this site, just wanted to let them know that the Goverment alert did not work on my 3 sim however it did come through on my Vodaphone sim both phones in the same location in postcode TQ3 ###

Timfm
Fledgling

I didn’t get the Govt alarm at 3pm today. I have an iphone12 with up to date OS. Why not?

sc1999
Local celebrity

Don't panic Michael Gove's on the case.

sc1999
Local celebrity

If everyone who failed to be alarmed on Sunday post here the server will crash and that may cause alarm.  

Fortunately it was just a test. I am sure that the Government will find a few billions to give to various companies, and friendly individuals, to find out what went wrong and then spend several years, and billions more, making sure it never works.

villanelle
Fledgling

I never received an alert as well, neither my daughter. Considering current war situation and why this test is actually set in place makes me very anxious that in real emergency we will not even be notified so will have no chance?

Is the best solution to move to another network? No confidence in Three after so many years being together... We definitely want to leave to a safer network unless there is a fix in place where customers can be reassured that we are also safe. BUT I wouldn't trust just words - I would need a proof... 

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Following the emergency alerts test yesterday, we’ve been working with the government and have identified a technical issue that meant some of our customers didn’t receive the alert. This morning our engineers deployed a fix meaning there will be no issue with future alerts.

There are no plans to run the test again, but Sunday's activity means an issue was identified and in a real emergency we can make sure everyone across the country gets an alert.

MikeC
Fledgling

That's lovely but if there's not to be a further test how can my wife and I (both phones excluded yesterday, which rubs salt in the wound of the 14% price hike!) feel confident that the system will work next time? Is there no way that Three could run its own mini-test?