Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Alert Test

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

We’re aware that a number of customers have not received yesterday's test alert. We’re working closely with the government to understand why and make sure it doesn't happen when the system is in use.

There's been a few threads created about this subject since yesterday, so I'll merge these together under this one.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Following the emergency alerts test yesterday, we’ve been working with the government and have identified a technical issue that meant some of our customers didn’t receive the alert. This morning our engineers deployed a fix meaning there will be no issue with future alerts.

There are no plans to run the test again, but Sunday's activity means an issue was identified and in a real emergency we can make sure everyone across the country gets an alert.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

51 REPLIES 51
Deethree
Fledgling

Isn't that the issue is with Three network?

techbloke
Active

It was firmware wasn't it 🙂

Peter_L
Active

Well until Three doesn't run the test again, I will not believe that it would work in a future. I don't trust Three at all. Sorry.

WolfgangGaming
Fledgling

do we know what caused the EAS not to activate on the 3 network

MikeC
Fledgling

That's lovely but unless a further test is done how can we be confident that the system will work next time? Could Three not run its own mini test? (My wife and I were among the many who received nothing, which rubs salt in the wound of the 14% price hike especially when we read that Three was paid up to £3.6 million for taking part in the test).

Deethree
Fledgling

Me or any of my family numbers at home did not receive the alert yesterday. None of my friends got the alert either. We all are 3 customers. Is it many or the MAJORITY of Three customers did not receive the alert? I would like to know the answers. 

AF
Fledgling

Are you going to let us exit our contracts early or switch providers because of this?

NFH
Active

Neither my girlfriend nor I received the alert, but we had been roaming outside the UK since Friday night. Our flight back to the UK departed on Sunday at 15:15 BST, and we still didn't receive the alert when we landed in the UK. Should we have received the alert if we were roaming outside the UK for less than 48 hours? If not, what about people who live in a border area and might be roaming for a very short period at the time of an alert?

techbloke
Active

The alert was intended to be broadcast via UK cell sites so if you were outside of the UK you wouldn't have received it even though you have a SIM issued by a UK network nor was it store and forward like a text message so if the phone wasn't in range of a UK cell site, it was switched off or was on 2G or 3G at the time you'd get nada.

southwest3
Fledgling

Three members of my family are on the three network and one is on sky. Only the sky phone received the alert. We are all on i phones.