cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Poor network speeds 4G/5G

DefaultBallon
Fledgling

Hi,

Im experiencing extremely poor network speeds both on 4G / 5G constantly. No matter where I go the speeds are terrible but I have full signal on my phone. What is happening?

I put another sim card in my phone from a different provider and the speeds are fast. Is mine being capped or something? I'm about to leave three if this doesn't get resolved, been experiencing this for months and seem to be getting nowhere.

Screenshot_20230420-150947.png

5G speeds full bars see image of how poor this is.

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Bars on your phone denote signal strength not bandwidth. Data requires more capacity than voice. Have you checked the network status checker,  although this is by no means definitive evidence that you have a problem.

Please post the first part of your postcode so that someone in your locality can check to see if they have an issue.

Mkzaf
Fledgling

Hello,

Are you still having issues?

I am facing the exact same problem, especially in congested areas during rush hour (I live and work within a 3 mile radius of central London).

I have just chatted online with Three (2 different teams) and they were dreadful. Firstly, they told me that the network in my area is working as it should - the network has issues for the past week noted on their webpage without further updates - but as my problem is ongoing for months, I had to contact them again regardless of the info on the page. When I noted that there is an issue but asked about different postcodes, I received no answer.

After a lot of pressure, they said that there is an issue with a mast since September 2022 but have no date or idea as to when it will be fixed. Then they said they are doing works in my area but have no idea when this will be resolved. All this in the same chat.

I was blatantly lied to, continuously. 

As my contract has ended in September but I'm still paying monthly, they basically told me to cancel. They offered no solution but for me leaving Three. They insisted on that because I kept saying that I need this filed as a complaint on my record (I have done the same in November 2022).  I guess as I don't wish to upgrade because I'm on the highest sim deal and I either have to double my monthly bill by getting a device or an additional sim, I'm not a valued customer so they don't care to help. 

This is the service Three provides us with. No solution basically. I was also offered 7 days credit ( I have been offered this before, sometimes 14 days, because it's not the first time complaining) but I declined.

I'm a Three customer since 2006 and I only keep this because of the European roaming which is still not charged as I haven't upgraded. I'm seriously contemplating whether my trips to Greece are worthy of me keeping this poor service.

Good luck!