Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kami / YI Home cameras won’t connect over Three iPhone

mikey1971
Fledgling

I have a number of Kami / YI Home security cameras at home. There is a Kami app for iPhone and an YI app for iPhone. Both fail to connect to the camera for live viewing. They load to maybe 10% or 35% and then restart loading. It never gets there. It used to work on 3G but on 4G or 5G the app will not load the live camera feed. It gets to 10 or 35% then loops back to retry. 

joining wifi or putting another SIM card in (tried O2 and EE) resolves the issues. So it must be something to do with data routing on Three. Maybe a blocked port or something. Also reported to Kami, but it will need Three and Kami to work together to resolve this. 

if it can’t be resolved I will have to switch providers to be able to view my cameras. This must be a simple answer but needs a network routing techie to look into it please 

thanks. Mike C

1 REPLY 1
MZone
Rising star

Change the APN you use this makes a difference this will either show in:

• Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network
    OR
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

Try "three.co.uk" and "3internet" in the APN field to check if you get differing results. 3internet is intended for Broadband, but I've seen a couple of situations where it worked better for certain types of streaming on phones.