cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LONDON UNDERGROUND WIFI

Clever-Trevor
Involved

I am aware Three allow access to Wi-Fi on London Underground ( via Virgin login page ). 
 However, in practise this is a faff - ( trying to recall the url, adding details & remembering the password etc….. ) 

therefore, as a suggestion - could you implement auto authentication ( eg EAP method’ to SIM ). As this would make connecting easier. 
thanks. 

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Clever-Trevor. 

Three already use EAP-AKA for connecting to Wi-Fi on the London Underground. 

You can find additional information on the London Underground service, as well as instructions on setting this up for different device types here.

Pete.

View solution in conversation

21 REPLIES 21
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Clever-Trevor. 

Three already use EAP-AKA for connecting to Wi-Fi on the London Underground. 

You can find additional information on the London Underground service, as well as instructions on setting this up for different device types here.

Pete.

Dazzaaa
Regular

Hi - i have issues connecting with the THREE_WIFI network in the London underground. The error I get is 'check your password and try again' - but I don't understand where it takes my password from as it's not something I can set in my network settings.

Any solutions? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dazzaaa,

It sounds like this may be to do with the configuration settings Pete mentioned above. Have you checked the help page? It tells you how to set up your connection for both iOS and Android. If that still doesn't work, let us know what what model of phone you're using, and we'll see what else we can find out.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dazzaaa
Regular

Yes I have followed the instructions on the help page but the authentication problem is still there.

I'm using android on a Oneplus 5 device. If you could help me that'd be much appreciated. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dazzaaa,

Can you try deleting/forgetting the THREE_WIFI from your saved networks? We recently updated how this service works, so I suspect you may be carrying forward a hidden password from the old system.

Let me know if that fixes it.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dazzaaa
Regular

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately forgetting the network didn't work 😔 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Dazzaaa,

Thanks for trying this, and thanks so much for your patience whilst we try to sort this out. I'm going to send you a PM with some guidance on how we can get this looked into further.

JonathanB

meganybrowny
Fledgling

Hiya, I have had the same problem with a OnePlus 5t. Did you manage to resolve this?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @meganybrowny,

Sorry I missed this when you originally replied, are you still experiencing these issues? Have you tried the steps on our help page?

Let me know if you're still running into these issues, and I'll do my best to help.

JonathanB