cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorold E13 not working since 3G switch off

JonnyTech
Fledgling

I have a Motorola E13 Android phone (https://www.phonemore.com/specs/motorola/moto-e13/). It used to work perfectly...

But since 3G was switched off in my area, I am unable to make or receive calls. The only exception is that it works when connected to a Wi-Fi network and Wi-Fi Calling kicks in.

Can anyone please provide any assistance. My phone, which is only 6 months old and fully supports 4G/LTE is now mostly useless to me.

3 REPLIES 3
Kb888
Fledgling

It's definitely not your phone causing the issue, many of us are experiencing this no matter how old or new the phone is, it's certain areas/postcodes getting affected due to masts configuration, I was told this by customer services but they will still try to tell you it's your phone settings. If you put another sim card in your phone, it will work and make/recieve calls. Three has done something with the network performance but won't admit it is affecting a lot of customers in a negative way. They expect us to change phones or provider 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kb888,

I can't imagine how frustrating of a time you're having, I'll do my best to clear this up as it sounds like you've been running into unclear or incomplete info. Three has been decommissioning our 3G services, and a large proportion of this work took place last month.

As a result calling services when using Three are dependent on VoLTE (4G calling). If we supplied your handset, this should be automatically active, but if you're on a SIM only, have swapped to a phone provided or bought elsewhere, or have been using your phone for a longer time period it may not be set up for VoLTE by default.

The 3G switch offs aren't an overnight activity, and each provider is in a different stage of this process, when you've tested a SIM from another provider they may have still had 2/3G coverage in the area, or their carrier settings may have automatically switched VoLTE on for you.

I'd recommend to have a look at How to ensure your phone is ready for the 3G switch off as there's some guidance on this article to help check you've not missed a software update or setting which may get this working.

Once you've checked these options, if you still can't get calls working, please let me know what model of phone you use, and I'll look into this further if you still need help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JonnyTech,

Our records show that the E13 should support VoLTE on Three. Can you have a look at this article, and let me know if the suggestions there help please: How to ensure your phone is ready for the 3G switch off 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.