cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT RECEIVING OTP SMS ABROAD

Howler11
Fledgling

Hi 

Does anyone have any advice , when I sign up for website registration abroad eg to buy coach tickets when the OTP is sent I never receive it , have tried all variations +44 laving the 0 off , adding the zero , nothing comes through. 

I have tried speaking to chat but they didn't understand  .

i am on monthly unlimited contract 

7 REPLIES 7
MZone
Superstar

Maybe the website you’re trying to buy tickets from only sends SMS’s to mobiles from that country. Try 00447*********

Howler11
Fledgling

tried in multiple countries , today was Italy which had a drop down menu to choose country of origin GB 44

MZone
Superstar

Have you tried switching your phone off and on or do a manual network roam. Sometimes that forces SMS’s to come through. 

Howler11
Fledgling

im in the uk at moment , received OTP from bank , now just tried signing for coach in italy and no luck, so not sure if the roaming would apply. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I may be well off the mark with this and apologies if that’s the case but somewhere in the back of my mind the word geoblocking raises its head above the parapet whereby you can’t receive texts in countries where there are limited or no roaming agreements. IM NOT 100% but I genuinely don’t think this is a technical issue. Perhaps a local payg sim might be a short term solution.

duncan_ao
Fledgling

I could not receive OTP from overseas. The sender confirmed that I have requested 3 times and they have sent it for 3 times. Please can anybody help?

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @duncan_ao,

I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate this must be frustrating for you.

Have you checked your junk email folder? Can I also check if the sender is from overseas or if you are currently overseas?

If so, which country are you visiting and could you confirm if you're using Go Roam or have an active Data Pass or Data Passport, please?

I'm keen to help,
Kate