Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Esim can’t activate and hotspot gone

Joshuapalumbo
Regular

Got an additional plan yesterday so I now have two esims. I received the esim today, and after taking 20 minutes of saying activating it said can’t activate. I have since tried several replacement esims with the same problem. Live chat was useless, I told the guy several times the problem and still gave advice to do things I’d already tried despite already telling him I’d already done those things. Then he said my iPhone 13 can only have one esim, but he’s wrong it can have two active esims. Then he said oh it’s because three only allows one and so I tried turning my main esim off while activating the second one and it said the same error of it can’t activate. I also still haven’t received the paramount plus for 12 months yet which is u fortunate as I want to watch machinery.  
the phone I’m using is iPhone 13

also my iPhone 13 updated to iOS 17.4 two days ago. Since then, the option to use my phone as a mobile hotspot is gone. I’ll include a picture if possible. I went to a three store and they suggested turn phone on and off and or reset network settings. The guy also said a few other people came into the store with the exact same issue. Don’t work. Three live chat suggested reset all settings and that also didn’t work. I done a diagnostics with apple and they found no problems with hardware or software, so it is most likely they said three doesn’t support latest iOS. YouTube said it may be a mobile services update, but I go on the settings and it doesn’t come up with an option to update the mobile services.

IMG_1857.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
JakeT
Fledgling

I have come up with the same issue. Purchased an eSIM for EU roaming, have come home and personal hotspot has gone. And also FaceTime won’t work through number only through email. 

Have you had any luck resolving this?

thanks

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Can you try resetting the network settings on your iPhone to see if that helps with any of the issues you're having? 

Pete.