cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mast but loss of service on Three and EE...?

LeamSpaceman
Fledgling

Hi.

I use a Three SIM in a Huawei 5G router for my internet. I have an outside, multidirectional antenna. I've been using this set-up for two years and have only ever got 4G+ speeds of around 50mbps. I got 5G 300mbps for a few days last year when there were some strange atmospheric conditions.

I noticed that a huge mast next to my flats looks to have been upgraded to 5G in the last few days. I tried cellmapper to see which network this mast broadcasts to and it looks like it's Three and EE. Having said that, I didn't really understand the info cellmapper was giving me.

After I noticed this mast upgrade, I also noticed that my internet speeds from the Three powered router have gone down substantially. I tried downloading the latest Nvidia graphics driver today and the estimated time was FIVE DAYS. Normally only takes two minutes.

I've also lost 5G connectivity through EE on my phone. It's down to 4G but keeps disconnecting. I've had calls drop out to over the last couple of days.

I called Three today and was told that work was going on at the mast and would be completed today. But I've still got hardly any meaningful connection.

Wondered if anyone on here can assist or point me in the direction of finding out what's happening?

I'm in Leamington Spa, CV31 1LY.

Many thanks in advance...

6 REPLIES 6
LeamSpaceman
Fledgling

Anyone got any advice on this issue...?

Many thanks.

LeamSpaceman
Fledgling

Speed is up to 10/6 now but still nowhere near what I was getting before. 

Still no 5G either.

My EE signal is still unusable too.

Anyone?

LeamSpaceman
Fledgling

Is there actually anyone from Three on here?

LeamSpaceman
Fledgling

Anyone? Anyone? ANYONE...?

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @LeamSpaceman,

Thanks for reaching out with the details, it's been really useful.

I've had a look into the postcode and can confirm that work is taking place on the local mast in the area, however, the completion date for this is tomorrow evening - 21/06/2024, around 8 pm. Please allow 24 hours after completion of the work for the services to return fully. I'd also suggest resetting the router late tomorrow evening. 

You can also keep an eye out for any updates for future maintenance or issues by popping your postcode into our Network Status Checker.

Please do let me know if the issue persists after the time provided and I'll pick this back up.

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

LeamSpaceman
Fledgling

Thanks for replying.

So, my speeds have gone back up to around 70/20 which is pretty good. I'm only getting 4G but I was getting 4G+ previously. I was told on the phone that I would get 5G after the mast upgrade.

The EE signal is up and running again and I'm getting 400/10. I used to only get 125/10 before.

Will I be able to get 5G on Three now? If so, when might it be available?

Many thanks in advance.