cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data connection since returning from EU

abennion
Fledgling

Hi - Just returned from Greece to UK and can't get a working data connection on my iPhone.

Tried rebootig phone , resetting 3 network settings , switching off data / airplane model but nothing works.

Strangely iMessage functions but nothing else !

Any ideas ? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @abennion,

That sounds really frustrating. Has your data came back online yet?

I think everything you've tried so far are good starting points. As iMessage still works that's really odd, so it may be a software glitch rather than an account or network issue.

You could try clearing your temporary Internet data. This is found in Settings, Safari, then Clear History and Website Data.

Also check Settings, then Carrier, try setting this to Manual, wait for the list of networks to appear. Choose any other provider and you'll most likely see an error, then choose Three and switch this back to automatic. This sometimes helps if your SIM is still trying to find the overseas network.

If the issue is still persisting it may be worth checking if your SIM works in another phone, to check if the SIM card needs to be replaced.

Let me know if any of this helps.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mamcleod
Regular

Same issue, returned from Cyprus, no mobile data access, even after new SIM card from three

Darren1
Fledgling

HI,

I have the same problem, can anybody say if and how they have resolved this?

nwharmby
Fledgling

I had a very similar problem. I went to Berlin over the weekend. Roaming and mobile data working perfectly over there. Got home and mobile data was not working. Worked fine on WiFi.

Tried everything from several threads, and rest absolutely everything, nothing. Called Customer service and tried a couple of things, still nothing.

Got really flummoxed when I swapped my sim with a friend’s phone (iPhone). His sim worked in my phone, and my sim in his 🤦‍♂️. Put my sim back in my phone and same problem occurred.

Finally, took it to the Three Shop and they sorted it in 2 mins. I have a VPN installed and it was constantly trying to connect, essentially blocking the mobile data from connecting. Something to do with it being in Berlin settings and my phone being on uk. Phone didn’t like it.

You have to DELETE the VPN profile, not just switch it off, or the problem continues. I’ve reinstalled it and all is fine. Hope this helps.

Big up to Nathan at the Warrington store.