Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS EATING UP MY CREDIT

variaxer49
Fledgling

Hi......70 years old pensioner going off my head with my recurring 3 problem. On PAYG, top up £5 every few months...dont spend my credit much as use free wifi, free Whatsapp, make very few to none calls or texts. 

After again complaining to 3 about my disappearing credit and asking for an explanation how this keep happening they give me a £20 cash credit..........sitting at £23.80 the other day.  Today that credit has totally gone!!  Mobile data turned off. I just dont understand it.

What is using up my cash credits please and how to make it stop, anybody??  Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Geluk
Key player

You need to download your recent invoices from "3" which'll show call/data usage.

Could someone be piggybacking your connection, and you end up with the bill.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @variaxer49,

As we're talking about PAYG you may be best to consult with customer services, as you won't have a monthly bill to check for usage.

Here's some other suggestions that may help:

If you have an Android phone, there's also a handy feature to check your data usage, in most versions of this software. Usually you'll find it in Settings > SIMs > App Data Usage.

This may help check if any Apps are still using any data. You may also want to check in your Play/App store in case there's any subscriptions set up to pay via your credit.

It's also a good idea to check your messages for any 5 digit short code messages. Messages received from 5 digit numbers can be reverse charge premium subscriptions, they'll usually explain in the message what the charge is, and that you can reply to them STOP or STOP ALL to opt out.

I can only speculate on the community though, as we can't discuss your account usage in a public space.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!