cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceptive Practices and Prolonged Network Issues

UnnamedH
Fledgling

I hope this post finds you well. I'm reaching out to share my frustrating experience with ongoing network issues and to shed light on what seems to be a pattern of inconsistent information from the support team.

Over the past months, I've interacted with multiple different network agents, each providing me with varied repair dates ranging from a hopeful 24 hours to an astonishing 30 days. This rollercoaster of promises not only left me bewildered but also raised questions about the reliability of the information shared by our support team.

To make matters worse, these network repairs have been ongoing for nearly a year now. During one conversation, an agent mentioned that such extended timelines are considered a maximum timeframe for resolution. This revelation was quite surprising and leaves me wondering about the efficiency of the repair procedures.

What's particularly disheartening is the lack of transparency and information throughout this entire process. Updates have been sporadic at best, leaving me and possibly others in our community in a constant state of uncertainty.

I believe in the power of community feedback, so I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced similar issues with this. It's important that we collectively bring attention to these concerns to ensure a more transparent and reliable service.

Has anyone else faced inconsistent repair timelines or a lack of transparency from three? How have you dealt with or resolved similar issues?

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

I have been with 3 for 21 months and most of that time repairs and upgrades have been going for more time than not. I was given a hefty discount for the duration of my contract as it was not expected that the work would be complete before my contract expired.

Three have a number of problems, some of which are common with other networks. They have to upgrade 3g to 4g as it is being turned off. O2 still have 3g in my area. Extended lead times on kit as they can't use, and have to replace, Chinese kit. Lack of engineering staff.

Another serious issue is the inability of management to allow a free flow of information to customers. Add this to an underpaid, under trained and under motivated customer service team. I have been asked not to give contact details of the only part of CS who know and care, sorry Jonathan. There are a couple of good moderators, not full-time, one being Jonathan.

Another issue is that 3, along with other networks, are being too successful in selling home broadband that they cannot increase capacity fast enough. Have you wondered why EE now of speed capped packages? It's one way of freeing up bandwidth.

As for outages all networks suffer occasionally and it can take time to get sorted. Banks suffer frequently and one had an outage this week.

Before jumping ship get Sims from other networks and check. Locally all networks are not good and coverage patchy so I have 2 Sims.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take what you say as read but have had experience of the customer service team and your description of them is bang on the money.