Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No roaming

Ninjacat
Fledgling
  • Just been on holiday and after 2 days couldn’t call, text or use the internet even though I had a full signal. Almost as if 3 had switched me off! 
4 REPLIES 4
EasyD
Fledgling

I had the same issue in Toronto. Apparently roaming is no longer free in Canada. You pay £6 per day if you want it. It seems complicated to turn on and pay. Then when it is working - my phone connected to Bell network automatically - but still no joy. After a day of not working I had to manually change to Telus network - that worked! I had to do that each day I paid for network. BTW its 24 hours but UK time - so think about when you need the network time.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Ninjacat,

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get connected when you were on holiday.  It'll be hard to see what was causing the issue if you've now returned to the UK, but I can give some general advice for next time.

• First make sure roaming is enabled for your account, you can do this through the app or customer services.
  • Next make sure data roaming is switched on in your settings.
  • Also check your UK contacts are set to +44 instead of 0 at the start, so a mobile would begin +447. 
  • Finally if you arrive abroad and still can't use roaming, as @EasyD mentioned, check in your network/carrier settings and manually select a network. It's possible the network that was being automatically selected was having some sort of fault at the time.

Hope this helps.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Kim1
Fledgling

Hello. I have same problem.  I was able to use internet in Hong Kong and suddenly none.  Spend cap at 3 times. Ire than necessary for the £5 daily.  I have unlimited speech and texts and tons data.  Only used 3gb so far and I have been switched off and need to download tickets emails etc !   Three app under maintenance and my time zone means your call centre closed for me.  I desperately need to be switched back on. Can you help please Jonathan B.   Thanks. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kim1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also running into these issues. If none of the suggestions on my original reply are helping here then I've sent a link to a help team in reply to your private message.

I appreciate the timezone difference is very significant between the UK and Hong Kong, I've included the GMT opening hours for them in the message in case there's a convenient time to contact them.

To view your private messages click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.