cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal at all due to phone mast repair

Katvellis
Fledgling

I have has no signal due to EE repairing their phone mast in the local area SN9 since mid September however according to the coverage checker I should have full coverage. I can only get a signal when connected to WiFi. Is it possible to change which mast the phone uses? 

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

The phone system should log you into the nearest operational mast. I had problems with EE as they had a mast failure and all of that traffic was dumped onto mine slowing things to a crawl.  In answer to your question I cannot find an option to manually register my phone onto another mast. 

Have you asked 3 for a refund or a sim for another network, not EE, until the issue is fixed?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Katvellis,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been without signal for so long, this sounds really disruptive. Unfortunately there's no way to change which mast you're connecting to, so you might be out of range of the next nearest one. Is the issue showing up on our Network Status checker?

Have you been given any update or estimate when the issue will be fixed?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Malka
Fledgling

I have also problems with signal, causing a lot of problems at work and family! Have not been informed at all! would like to move to better network

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Malka,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been facing signal issues, and are now considering leaving Three. Can you fill me in a bit more about what you've been experiencing?

Have these issues been since you joined Three, or started more recently? Is there an issue showing on the Network Status Checker in your area? How is this affecting you, for example, is it an issue with making/receiving calls, calls dropping, or slow/no data?

Let me know and I'll do my best to help.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.