cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving SMS texts from a Republic of Ireland phone mobile number.

17-pdr
Regular

A friend from the Republic of Ireland has sent me a number of SMS texts but I have not received any of them. He can ring me ok. I can ring him and also send SMS texts which are also being received by him. Just wondering where the problem would be? My friend in the Republic of Ireland is on the Three Ireland network. I am on a pay as you go plan. 

8 REPLIES 8
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi 17-pdr,

Welcome to the Three Community.

This is a really unusual issue. It's best to start by attempting to round down which end the issue may lie on. Can you confirm if they are having issues texting other UK numbers at all, perhaps they can test contacting another friend or family member?

If the issue seems to be with them texting the UK/Three UK in general they'd be best to raise this with Three Ireland. If it seems to be specific to your number let us know, and we'll find the best way to get this escalated.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

17-pdr
Regular

Thanks Jonathan. My friend has raised this issue with Three Ireland and they are looking into it. Everything seems ok at my end as I can call & text him ok. He can call me, its just the SMS texting that's the problem.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's good news, let us know how it goes. 🙂

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

17-pdr
Regular

Jonathan, Three Irelands tech team have investigated this and have told my friend that the sms texts sent from his number are leaving their network. They suggest that Three UK might look at why I am not receiving them. I can PM you my number and the number the texts are being sent from if it helps.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @17-pdr,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'll PM you some info so that we can get an investigation raised on our side.

JonathanB

17-pdr
Regular

Was in contact with the Social Media team and they were unable to immediately resolve the issue. Have received a case number while they investigate further.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I suspected it was an issue that would require a bit of in depth investigation. That's good to hear that there's a case open now though. Let us know how things go.

JonathanB

Skylark001
Active

Has this problem been resolved by anyone at Three?  I have had a dozen people telling me they will "check" why I am not receiving texts when I switch on Wifi-Calling, but none of them has fixed the problem.