cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port failed

Collision
Fledgling

Hi, I recently took out a new contract that is with 3.  When signing up they said to request your pac code to keep your old number which I did and gave to them.  Unknown to me and as I have found out since, my old number was 3 PAYG so I could not use a pac code from 3 PAYG to 3 pay monthly.

After googling why my new phone never had my old number I bought an Asda mobile sim and used the pac code to move the number to that sim hoping to move it again to my new 3 sim.  My Asda sim now has my old number but when I text PAC to 65075 on the Asda sim I get a message back saying "Sorry, your PAC request is being processed by your new network provider and cannot be cancelled. You current mobile number will become inactive on <chosen port date>.

I have since recieved sms messages on my Asda mobile sim from 3 about billing information for my new 3 number so it seems 3 have my old number still on the system somewhere.

Has anybody had this issue before, is it possible to still keep my old number?

Thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5
MZone
Superstar

You can’t request a new PAC on the same day your number transferred over. You have to wait until the next working day. If this is not the case ring ASDA mobile to get the PAC code as I’ve read they sometimes have problems with the automated system. Once you have the PAC from ASDA you can transfer your old Three number back to replace your new Three number. 

Collision
Fledgling

Thanks for replying @MZone .  Don't think I made it clear but I gave the PAC code when taking out the new monthly contract to the mobile phone company then gave the same PAC code to Asda mobile when I realised you cant use a PAC from 3 PAYG to 3 pay monthly.  My old phone with the Asda sim now has my old 3 PAYG phone number while my new phone with the 3 monthly contract has the new number.

What confused me was I recieved an SMS message from 3 on my old phone that has the Asda sim in about my billing information for my new pay monthly sim.  I've had no messages from 3 on my new sim which makes me think something is wrong and 3 think my new pay monthly phone has my old number.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Collision,

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, I suspect that your account is set for billing notification texts to go to your original number. You should be able to request a PAC from Asda to move your number back now, or if you did want to keep the new one, customer services should be able to update the number we use for notifications on your account for you.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Hi @JonathanB,

I do want to move my old number over to my new monthly contract.  I have just sent PAC to 65075 on the Asda mobile sim and got the same message back "Sorry, your PAC request is being processed by your new network provider and cannot be cancelled. You current mobile number will become inactive on <chosen port date>".  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

MZone
Superstar

Like I said above. Ring ASDA Mobile to request the PAC code as they have problems with their automated system. You can then give that to Three to transfer the number back to your new contract.