cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor network coverage

Bennmark
Fledgling

Has anybody noticed 3 network coverage is getting worse,it's never been the best indoors,but now it's almost as bad outside,very limited Internet & speed is appalling,getting to the stage that I need a more dependable network 

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Welcome to the club. If you had been part of the community from day one you would have noticed that poor network speeds has been a recurring theme. I range from h, h+, 4g, and, recently, 5g flashes up for a fraction of a second. 3 have been working in my area for 3 to 4 weeks so I am hopeful that an improvement is imminent. This problem is not limited to 3. I used to be with ee but left due to erratic speeds and dreadful customer service. 

I think most networks are trying to increase bandwidth as fast as they can but won't tell us when we may expect an improvement. 

One of the moderators will leave a link to 3's network status checker and failing that call 333 and the automated system will tell you if they are working in you area.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Bennmark,

Welcome to the Three Communtiy.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your connection recently. Have you been able to check the expected coverage, and for any faults on our coverage and network status checkers

If this doesn't seem to tie in with any current issues we're aware of, let me know the following:

Is this an issue for you everywhere you go, or in specific locations? Which model of phone do you use, and how long have you had it for, likewise do you know how long you've been using your current SIM card for?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Alex953
Fledgling

Hello Jonathan my phone signal is awful and getting worse, when chatting with a friend(also on three) three signal just goes dead.. I read with interest your comment about how long I’ve had my SIM card as I’ve had the same card for many years now on my third phone with the Sam card!! (Sim only deal) could this be why my signal etc is getting rapidly worse

thank you 
Alex

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Alex953,

If you've been using the SIM for a few years now, and the issue doesn't seem to be tied to a particular location, I'd definitely get it swapped. You can order a replacement SIM online, or if you pop into a Three store they can do the swap for you.

If you decide to go to a store, you need to bring in a photo ID, and they can only do this for the account holder.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

88Me
Fledgling

3's Data coverage has got so mad that I left today.