cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues

eSlayer
Fledgling

Need some help with a porting issue….

Was already on 3 but got a good deal on a new phone/contract from AffordableMobiles also on 3 so got that. 
Initially tried to get my number moved between the 2 monthly contracts but told that’s not possible so I transferred my number out to Asda for a 2 months and have tried to port it back and now have no service even after several live chats and a visit to the local 3 store !

Currently the 3 app shows my old number which I want to keep but you get invalid number if you try to call it. The sim/number provided with my new phone still gets calls/txts but I can’t make any calls/txts from it  and it has no data connection. 

The local store tried giving me a new sim with my old number but that hasn’t registered on the network after 24 hours so stumped as to what to do now - any suggestions?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @eSlayer,

Sorry this sounds really frustrating. It looks like your port may not have fully completed. In cases like this you may still have incoming service on your old SIM, so it's worth testing the ASDA SIM in case it's still receiving service.

I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with a team that can get this chased with our porting teams so we can get you fully connected up.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @eSlayer,

Sorry this sounds really frustrating. It looks like your port may not have fully completed. In cases like this you may still have incoming service on your old SIM, so it's worth testing the ASDA SIM in case it's still receiving service.

I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with a team that can get this chased with our porting teams so we can get you fully connected up.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

eSlayer
Fledgling

Thanks - I tried live chat support again and managed to get it escalated yesterday and it looks to have been ported successfully this morning. 

Samee
Fledgling

I ported my phone number from Honest mobile in February but I can't send SMS through my number I ported over I have tried every step advised 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Samee,

Are you able to make and receive calls on the ported number? 

What happens when you send a text, is it failing, or still showing as the Three number from before you ported? Is this an Android, or iPhone that you're using?

Thanks,
Jonathan

SB_HK
Fledgling

Hi all, @JonathanB any solutions? My number should of ported 03.01.24 but can't receive clls or texts. Says its incorrect number when people try. I can callout

Tinman
Fledgling

Did you get this sorted? I'm currently in the same boat