cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible data usage glitch?

AFJ
Fledgling

So I recently upgraded my sim only contract to a device and data plan, I did have 100GB data before and went down to 15GB data for my new contract. This is because I was never using more than 10GB per month, the extremely helpful advisor even assured me that amount of data was unnecessary. Even when I was with O2, I was paying for a stupid amount and only using less than 10GB. My data allowance resets 1st of every month so it’s been less than a month and apparently I have used all 15GB of data already. Sorry but how does that make any sense? My phone usage habits haven’t changed for the worst, infact I use my phone a lot less during the day because of my new job, no new apps, I close my apps too, like how on earth have I used all that data in less than a whole month when I have never used more than 10GB per month in my whole 7 years of using contracts… there must be some kind of glitch in the system or an error whilst transitioning my previous contract to my new one maybe? Random technical errors happened all the time in my old job it does happen. Has anyone else experienced this? Not to mention customer service has been so unhelpful and caused me loads of stress, just repeated the same thing and not actually listening to what I’m trying to say, live chat purposely taking ages to respond to my message. Not to mention because my data “ran out” my maps stopped working whilst I was driving in the middle of nowhere and I got lost for ages, wasted a load of petrol and missed loads of time on my partners birthday. What an absolute joke.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AFJ,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I don't think it's likely that we'll have incorrectly accounted for your data, but you may be able to check this from your phone. If on an Android, have a look in your settings for App data usage, you can set this to check against the date your allowances reset, and get an idea what has been mainly using the data.

For iPhones it's a little more awkward, but if your phone is new, hopefully you should be able to check Settings then mobile data, and find out how much particular apps have used. iPhones will list "current period" and you have to manually reset this, it doesn't automatically reset each month, so depending on how long you've had the new phone it may be more difficult to interpret this the longer you've actually using the phone, but hopefully you'll be able to find out which app is the culprit.

We have a range of short terms add ons that can hopefully help till your next bill cycle starts. You can find more info on the Add on section of the Three App.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.