Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

226 REPLIES 226
Oli
Fledgling

Whenever I try to send a text I get a “Message Send Failure”. I can still receive texts. I’m on a 40GB Add-on plan. Everything else works and will expire next month. However my SMS says it will expire 01/01/2222

BeckyP
Regular

Hi mine is doing the same too since yesterday. Can’t even get a hold of anyone at 3

KiwiPotato
Fledgling

I'm also experiencing the same issue.

Ole
Fledgling

I have the same

Expires on 1 Jan 2222
BeckyP
Regular

I bought a new data pack the other day. However it’s now saying on my account the messages have run out? And I can’t buy another add on. 

however I can still make calls to people and I have my 4G

it just won’t send sms. I can’t get in tough with anyone at three either. 

Barnhurster
Fledgling

I can receive calls but can't make any. I am on pay as you go auto renew, and all payments are up to date. My partner also has the same issue, is it a problem with the three network at the moment.

LONETK
Regular

There is a problem since yesterday.

Three are aware and trying to fix it.

Verytiredmother
Fledgling

Me too! It’s been like this now for two days. I spent a long time on chat for them to finally tell me they are working on it 

Mandymoola22
Fledgling

I'm having a problem sending texts to everyone it keeps saying "could not send" i have checked my settings and everything is still the same, tried turning it off and back on this started yesterday