cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect roaming data limit texts

solaingi
Fledgling

I did notice several other posts in here complaining about this issue; the replies mentioned the underlying issue had been solved last week - whereas I got a text today about having used up 80% of my monthly 12GB fair use data limit today. For reference, I am outside the UK, currently in Belgium.

I checked the data usage for the month in the Three website and the total is just over 50MB - nowhere near the 12GB limit.

I had a similar issue last month, however I received the texts on the 30th so I figured it would not be too big a deal (again, I highly doubt I spent this much data, especially since the 80% and 100% texts arrived 15 minutes apart from each other when I was not even using my phone).

Live chat was not very helpful, as they simply told me to check my data usage on the website. Is it possible to check if there's another issue causing these texts to be sent out, or if the same issue somehow resurfaced?

Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear you're still getting the messages. 

It looks like the issue might still be bothering some customers, as you're not the only person I've seen report the issue in the last few days. 

The issue has been fed back again to notify the team that was working on it that there's still a few examples of it happening, but there hasn't been another update yet to let us know if it's been resolved fully. 

As you've used so little data, it's safe to say you're not going to be near that 12GB limit at the moment. You should still get the correct texts as you near each threshold, so you'll still be made aware of it as you actually do near the 12GB.

Pete. 

tromans
Regular

I thought I'd drop a reply here with our experience today on this.  We've been in France since Wednesday and dropped into Canterbury Three store on Tuesday before leaving to pay the £20 roaming fee for two members of the family.  Both family members got the 'used up all your roaming allowance' texts today.  Firstly, the staff in the Canterbury completely failed to tell us about the 12gb fair usage allowance - Fail 1.  Secondly, both members are clearly nowhere near the 12gb limit - Fail 2.  The text messages (screenshot'd for evidence) both contain completely false surcharge statements (17p/mb instead of contract/website quoted 1p/mb) - Fail 3.  I called customer service from France today on behalf of both family members and as a result of a heated conversation where I made it clear I was not leaving the call until I'd spoken directly to the complaints department, both £20 fees are being refunded and I have been told that if any extra fees end up on either account due to their false, incorrect, misleading messages, Three will cover the costs.  I ensured that the call was being recording and got the customer service person to clearly state what he was promising just in case this ends up with legal action after our return.  So - in summary for anyone reading this.  Three have known about this problem for several weeks now and clearly haven't fixed it, are trying to charge people extra.  Be VERY strong with customer service on the phone - ask to be put through to complaints and don't stand for the "we'll escalate and get back to you in 24/48 hours".

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @solaingi,

I'm sorry to hear you've ran into this problem twice recently. I was sent an update last week advising the issue should have been solved but we've been receiving further reports of this recently, so there may be more than one issue, or it may be more complex than the team had originally thought.

We're keen to get this sorted as soon as possible. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that are gathering info to help with the investigation.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

HfF123
Regular

I have wasted 3 hours of my time trying to speak to three chat and ringing to no avail - I now have a message saying I have used my spend cap - on my three app I have unlimited data (I know it’s 12 fair use) so doesn’t tell me how much I have used unless I add up all the KB individually - three are putting the onus on us to check due to their mistakes. Fortunately my contract finishes with three next month !