cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS for iOS 18?

Clever-Trevor
Established

Hi,

Anyone have or know RCS enabled for IOS 18 on Three ?

( as I am on the beta version & see says ‘Voice & SMS’ - but no RCS! ) 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
MZone
Maestro

From what I have read it’s appears only EE has enabled this for iPhone so far. I’m sure once the main update drops three will activate it too. 

graclarkey
Fledgling

No, I'm on Beta 6 now and it's still not been activated. Really disappointed that Three is so slow to turn this feature on in iOS 18 in the UK, considering it's supported RCS between Android devices for years. Together with the fact that network coverage in some parts of central London is abysmal, I'm seriously considering changing providers.

Lukiee24
Fledgling

I have now updated to iOS 18.0 (22A3354) still no option for RCS. Is three actually going to release this to us? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clever-Trevor,

Sorry for the delay on answering this, but I have made some enquiries. We're working with our partners on this, and hope to be able to support this service for our customers soon. Sorry that's as much as I can say for now.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

@JonathanB thanks for replying. It’s really lame of Three that it isn’t yet supporting this in the UK even now when the first full release of iOS 18 is out. Not all iPhone users want to use a Meta-owned product to communicate with our Android-using friends.

Kt_12
Fledgling

Three we're 5 years late to even introduce esim. How can we have the confidence that Three won't talk half a decade to introduce a simple protocol like RCS? Jesus

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

RCS is already available on the network. It's been on Android devices for a few years now. The network is working to bring it to iOS as well, but some time will be needed before it's enabled. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Espiox

Yet another feature we're getting late (or never)... I'm about ready to ditch and find a new network.