cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Abroad

BlueyVIII
Fledgling

Hi,

Anyone else had issues with roaming abroad, and Go Roam ATW passes activated inadvertently?? I’m currently in the USA and twice now my 3 Go Roam ATW passes have activated even though my iPhone Mobile Data and Roaming are both set to “off”.

I reset my Data Usage statistics to zero, and even with Mobile Data turned off I still get around 16KB of data usage recorded against System Services (DNS) per day?? I guess this is triggering the Go Roam ATW pass?

I’m a new customer to 3, previously was with EE using this same iPhone to regularly travel to USA. I never had this problem with EE.

I exchanged some messages with 3 Customer Support and their solution was to remove the SIM!! Not really practical when I still need to be able to receive calls and txts!

Any ideas?? I’ve only been with 3 for a few weeks and they seem decent, but this is a big enough issue for me to switch back to EE!

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Key player

Are you using an iPhone by any chance? If so there seams to be a common trend here. Three are looking into it but don’t have a resolution at present. @JonathanB may be able to advise you further. 

BlueyVIII
Fledgling

Yes, IPhone 13 Pro Max running IOS 17.4

Have others reported similar?? Before i posted on this group I googled it and checked the Apple Forums but couldn’t find anything…

MZone
Key player

Yes plenty. Have a look here.