Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Abroad

BlueyVIII
Fledgling

Hi,

Anyone else had issues with roaming abroad, and Go Roam ATW passes activated inadvertently?? I’m currently in the USA and twice now my 3 Go Roam ATW passes have activated even though my iPhone Mobile Data and Roaming are both set to “off”.

I reset my Data Usage statistics to zero, and even with Mobile Data turned off I still get around 16KB of data usage recorded against System Services (DNS) per day?? I guess this is triggering the Go Roam ATW pass?

I’m a new customer to 3, previously was with EE using this same iPhone to regularly travel to USA. I never had this problem with EE.

I exchanged some messages with 3 Customer Support and their solution was to remove the SIM!! Not really practical when I still need to be able to receive calls and txts!

Any ideas?? I’ve only been with 3 for a few weeks and they seem decent, but this is a big enough issue for me to switch back to EE!

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Rising star

Are you using an iPhone by any chance? If so there seams to be a common trend here. Three are looking into it but don’t have a resolution at present. @JonathanB may be able to advise you further. 

BlueyVIII
Fledgling

Yes, IPhone 13 Pro Max running IOS 17.4

Have others reported similar?? Before i posted on this group I googled it and checked the Apple Forums but couldn’t find anything…

MZone
Rising star

Yes plenty. Have a look here.