cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

Chrissy
Fledgling

Hi,

I went recently to continental Europe for just over two weeks. Before leaving the UK i turned roaming data off on my iPhone however, during my stay abroad I got charged for using data 5 times. Any ideas what could've triggered the data charges? I have an eSIM installed on my iPhone as it's simply cheaper than Three's daily charge, yet still got charged for using data despite turning it off completely. Any ideas welcome

20 REPLIES 20
Ggw3010
Fledgling

I am getting the following message, even though data roaming is disabled on the eSIM. Have spoken to Three live chat who were less than helpful, and suggested that the charge is for unlocking the services. I do not want to use Three when abroad, hence data roaming is disabled. So why do I get this message; can anyone shed any light please? Thanks

“Hi there,

Your daily roaming charge is 1.67 pounds, excluding VAT where it applies. This is to unlock your allowances in one of our Go Roam in Europe destinations.

You can now use your plan's allowances for 24 hours at no extra charge - as long as you stick to the fair usage policy for your plan. For any usage after that, a surcharge may apply, and you'll still need to pay for any out-of-allowance charges incurred.”