cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming with third party router

wajeeh007
Fledgling

Hi everyone I have bought a 10gb preloaded data pack from the shop. I wanted to use this in a third party router when i’m in the US. Would it work just like it would on my phone so using roaming on the router instead? and are there any Apn settings I would need?

Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Avondale
Rising star

@wajeeh007 

That's an interesting question to which I do not know the answer. Have you tried searching this Three Community and the wider Three website for an answer ? 

If you cannot find an answer, a call to Customer services on 333 might help. 

If you get an answer, please post it here - it might help someone else in the future.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wajeeh007,

We can't absolutely confirm a 3rd party device is compatible, but most routers should pick up the APN automatically and if not you generally should be able to key it in. Enter either three.co.uk or 3internet in the APN field of your router settings. You don't need to enter a username or password. Also check if there's a data roaming setting and that this is on. Otherwise you ought to be good to go. The USA is included for up to 12GB data use per month if you have a data pack to cover it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.