cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g mtu issue xbox pc phone

Jordamxd95
Fledgling

So I've just recently started having issues with connecting amy of my devices pc, xbox, phone to anything that is xbox related like connecting to a party or playing games. If I join. A party it says connecting then disconnects and give me an error code 8923160c then when checking my network settings on the xbox it says I have an mtu problem my mtu is 1300 and something but it needs to be 1380 to connect to any sort of xbox server I've tried manually changing my mtu via 192.168.0.1 but at default it is set to 1500 which isn't true after running ping tests with cmd on my pc the max I'm getting with ethernet is 1350 ive tried port forwarding no luck I've also had a new router and sim no luck 3 are blaming xbox xbox are blaming 3 I'm inclined to belive it is a 3 server issue though due to the fact everything works when I tether my devices off my phone any one have any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
Cerberus73
Active

You are correct, the minimum for actual gaming on Xlive is 1380 now. Three only give 1360 so the ball is firmly in their court but as this has been known for some time the future is bleak for gaming on Three.