cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

MRDB90
Active

I’m currently in Spain - I’ve recieved a text saying I’ve used 12gb of data and reached 100% allowance. I’ve been here 1 hour !

I don’t even use that much data in the UK for the full month. I bought a pack for £10 for 7 days roaming. My partner also on three has recieved same text, what’s going on? I think there is a fault somewhere as other people reporting same issue.

I’ve checked my three app and says I’ve used a couple of mb.

can someone help? 

@DanC @JonathanB 

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Ah, that doesn't sound right. That's a lot of data to go through in an hour.

There has recently been an issue where users received an alert while roaming in error. Sometimes this happens a couple of days in or after a few GB has been used, and in that case I'd say it's best to get it double checked in order to know for sure. But since you've only just got there, it's a save bet that the message you received was in error. 

You should still receive future notifications in relation to your usage. So when you hit 80%, 90% and 100%, you should be alerted. You'll also receive updates on an ongoing basis once you do in fact go over the 100% which are intended to keep you updated in relation to how much you've been charged for data. If you're not already getting those, you know you're in the green 🙂 

Pete.

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

8 REPLIES 8
MRDB90
Active

@PeteG 

Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Ah, that doesn't sound right. That's a lot of data to go through in an hour.

There has recently been an issue where users received an alert while roaming in error. Sometimes this happens a couple of days in or after a few GB has been used, and in that case I'd say it's best to get it double checked in order to know for sure. But since you've only just got there, it's a save bet that the message you received was in error. 

You should still receive future notifications in relation to your usage. So when you hit 80%, 90% and 100%, you should be alerted. You'll also receive updates on an ongoing basis once you do in fact go over the 100% which are intended to keep you updated in relation to how much you've been charged for data. If you're not already getting those, you know you're in the green 🙂 

Pete.

MRDB90
Active

Thank you, put my mind at rest abit. Just abit stressful to recieve a text when you’ve just got somewhere, clearly still a fault somewhere in the system.

Thanks for updating me though, much appreacited 👌🏻

st0407
Fledgling

I am having the same issue with my daughters phone who landed in Greece on Saturday.  She got 80% usage within 1 hour of landing.  I have tried ringing three but they can’t help at all as I don’t have the phone  
She has never had this problem before but I recently upgraded her phone to 30gb and suspect that it is taking data usage from start of month

MRDB90
Active

Hi,

I wouldn’t worry, I’ve been in Spain a couple of days now and I’ve checked my app and all my data shows as “ included “ and spend over allowance still £0 - ( I bought a £10 7 day to roam pack ). Tell you daughter not to worry it’s just an error with text messages going out when there shouldn’t be.

wanleg
Fledgling

My daughter got to Greece yesterday evening and got the 80% text within a couple of hours. 

Not wanting to be without data she bought  an esim this afternoon as no further update arrived to say there’s an error. 

This does sound like a mistake, I wonder whether Three will refund me for the esim

my3fone
Fledgling

Hi, I turned on my mobile data by mistake. It's been on for 6 hours. I know this as I received a text saying welcome to Italy etc etc and the time was 6 hour ago. I've been using my internet in our hotel, but I've got the wifi on. I have a 3 monthly pay package and didn't expect to use any data abroad so I haven't purchased any deal for this. Please advise what's the worst situation I should expect?

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @my3fone,

We cannot access your account information here on Communities, I have PM'd you a direct link to our dedicated team who can access your account.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

John M