cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot buy data passport cannot access roaming

bearfarren
Fledgling

In Vietnam for 8 days. Got my first 24hrs data roaming all fine, got in touch with live chat via app to ensure I continued receiving data via data passport for the 8 days. Was told to pre pay £40 (£5 each day) using a secure link to ensure there was money on the account to pay these daily passport fees. Have gone to purchase todays passport (day 2) and am unable to, webpage says I don’t have sufficient funds available. Do not have a spend limit on account that would block this. Cannot access any mobile data without passport, ‘roam at home’ absolutely doesn’t work. Getting really sick of this, I travel every month and have these problems. Cannot now talk to anyone as helplines closed. Give me my money back.

4 REPLIES 4
debswaugh
Fledgling

It will be the credit limit on your account causing this - contact them and find out what the credit limit is and get it increased to £200 at least - then you should have no problems buying data passport.

petehusemeyer
Fledgling

The Three Mobile app doesn't even work in my case. Can't buy a data passport because the apps backend is riddled with issues. I add a particular data passport to my basket and the app adds a second one I didn't click on, then throws an error saying I can't have both. I don't want both, I want the one I clicked on!

petehusemeyer
Fledgling

Best part is, I can't even phone customer support, because, wait for it.... I can't buy a data passport.

I've been with three for 12 years!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @petehusemeyer,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble getting in touch. Presumably you've had some means to access the Internet in order to post here though? Data Passport gives unlimited data but doesn't affect your call rates.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble making contact though, did you find a means to get in touch, are you still abroad with this issue now?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.