cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snails pace internet

AJ147
Active

Why am I paying for this garbage, speed is that slow I cant even upload an image of my last speed test on 3's own app, which was a whopping 0.7mbps by the way, disgrace.

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

I understand slow speeds can be frustrating, and that's not a great speed at all. 

A speed like that should still allow you to send an image of your speed test without issues though. At around 90KB per second, even a 1MB image, which is quite large for a screen grab I think, would only take just over 11 seconds to send. Not fast at all, but it should still work. 

Since you're uploads are failing, and possibly downloads too, it suggests that the connection might not just be slow, it might be that the connection is having other issues. Do you know if the issue goes away when moving to other locations? Do the issues become worse at a specific time of day? Better at other times? 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

AJ147
Active

It's all the time, apart from when I should be asleep, then your network gives me a whopping 35mbps, when I cant use it. As for your network checker, it either doesn't work or someone in your company is a liar. I looked for issues online bit nothing was showing as wrong, then I actually got to speak to someone and they said my area was having works done to upgrade, which would be done inv4 days and I would get an email notification saying the work had finished. I recieved no email and the problem still exists. I have had to leave 3 for domestic use after around 15 years as you never seem to be honest with your customers, 

Hogga99
Active

Exactly the same happens to me just goes from 4g to h constantly 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Hogga99,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the connectivity.

Could you pop your postcode into our Network Status Checker and let me know if it shows any work taking place in the area, or any reported issues, please?

Do you notice this happens in specific areas or everywhere in general? How long have you been having this issue?

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.