cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three MIFI data slowed to a crawl in a section of Wilmslow (SK9) since last Saturday.

Anon101
Fledgling

Three data (via Three's supplied Huawei MIFI device and SIM) has slowed to a crawl in a section of Wilmslow (SK9) since last Saturday. Cannot use Zoom/VPN's etc. in the location as a consequence, not even overnight (i.e. after 1.00am) when the data speed very slightly improves, perhaps due to reduced traffic. Speedtest.net won't even complete its checks at any time. Devices/SIM/equipment etc. are all fine, this double-checked via also trying out other devices/equipment.

Upon speaking with Three's technical dept yesterday, they simply recited the note as currently appearing on Three's network webpage upon typing in the related postcode- i.e.

'We're working on fixing an issue in this area at the moment. We're sorry for any disruption this may be causing. We hope to have things fixed as soon as possible and will add any updates here.'

However, Customer Services said they do not have any record of when this above-quoted message was actually posted... nor of what it actually relates to. Hence, the posted message could be relating to a longstanding signal problem in the same SK9 location - this resulting in poor call connection/poor call sustaining, day and night. Hence, the website message may not relate to the new data issue as arising since last Saturday (i.e. since 14th Sept).

Likewise, downdetector.co.uk keeps on saying there are zero '3 (Three) Wilmslow outages reported in the last 24 hours' - despite the outage having been reported numerous times through downdetector.co.uk.

Any ideas please - re what might be going on/when things will be resolved?

It is pointless paying for a service that is unreliable. Partial refunds of monthly connection fees, although helpful, do not negate the inconveniences repeatedly being encountered with Three. A portable MIFI device is designed to offer flexibility and convenience - not inflexibility and inconvenience... this defeating the objective of the contract.

1 REPLY 1
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey there,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with the network recently and I'm keen to take a look into the area. I'll pop you over a PM requesting some further information.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.