cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Go Roam advice

Gordon
Fledgling

My wife and I are travelling to USA for 3 weeks and will be using PAYG 3 Sims along with an add-on.

1. If we need to call or text each other whilst away, is this is included in Go Roam with an add-on?

2. When calling back to UK mobiles when in USA is that included in Go-Roam with an add-on?

Thanks in advance

Gordon

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Excellent questions. The best way to explain Go Roam is that it lets you use your plan as at home.

So if your add on has unlimited UK calls and texts then these work as normal. It doesn't matter whether you're phoning your wife's UK mobile that happens to be in the US, or a friend or family member back home, as long as the number you're dialling is a UK mobile or landline. This applies to both calls and texts.

One other thing to be aware of. The USA has begun decommissioning their 3G networks, so it's best to bring a 4G handset on any trips to the states, just in case you travel to an area where the 3G masts have already shutdown.

Hope this helps
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Excellent questions. The best way to explain Go Roam is that it lets you use your plan as at home.

So if your add on has unlimited UK calls and texts then these work as normal. It doesn't matter whether you're phoning your wife's UK mobile that happens to be in the US, or a friend or family member back home, as long as the number you're dialling is a UK mobile or landline. This applies to both calls and texts.

One other thing to be aware of. The USA has begun decommissioning their 3G networks, so it's best to bring a 4G handset on any trips to the states, just in case you travel to an area where the 3G masts have already shutdown.

Hope this helps
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

barrybush
Fledgling

further to this question. I am looking to get a data boost to upload my pics.I am on an advanced plan. I have been advised to get an 8GB boost which seems to now be 6GB..any advice?

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Barry, thanks for joining us here on Three Community. 

Are you looking for a data Add-on to use while you're roaming in the USA?
How much data is included in your contract?

As part of our fair use policies, you'll only be able to use up to 12GB per month while roaming in the USA. After this, you'd need to purchase a data passport each day to continue using data.

If you do still want to buy a data Add-on, you can do that via the Three app or My3. The current options are as follows:

One Day Boost - gives unlimited data until midnight the same day
Short-term Boost - gives unlimited data until your next bill date
Monthly Boost 1GB - gives an extra 1GB of data each month until you cancel the Add-on
Monthly Boost 3GB - gives an extra 3GB of data each month until you cancel the Add-on
Monthly Boost 6GB - gives an extra 6GB of data each month until you cancel the Add-on
Monthly Boost Unlimited Data - gives unlimited data each month until you cancel the Add-on

Hope that helps, but let us know if you've any further questions!

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.